WESTERN UNION® “WIN WITH WU” INSTANT WIN GAME AND SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE/TRANSACTION WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THIS PROMOTION IS OPEN TO CANADIAN RESIDENTS WITHIN ALL CANADIAN PROVINCES (INCLUDING THE PROVINCE OF QUEBEC) AND TERRITORIES, GOVERNED BY CANADIAN LAW. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. PROMOTION PERIOD: The Western Union “WIN WITH WU” Instant Win Game and Sweepstakes (the “Promotion”) begins at 12:00:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on June 1, 2019 and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on August 31, 2019 (the “Promotion Period”). The Promotion consists of an Instant Win Game and a Sweepstakes.
2. ELIGIBILITY: This Promotion is open only to legal residents of Canada within all Canadian provinces (including the province of Quebec) and territories, 18 years of age or older (or the age of majority in the province or territory in which they reside) at the time of entry. Employees, directors, officers, agents and representatives of Western Union Financial Services (Canada) Inc. (“Western Union" or the “Sponsor”), and each of its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, prize providers, distributors and other suppliers of materials and services related to this Promotion (collectively, the “Promotion Parties”), and each of their immediate family members (spouse, in-laws, grandparents, parents, siblings, grandchildren and children, regardless of where they live) and/or those living in the same household (whether related or not) of each are ineligible to enter the Promotion. By participating, entrants agree to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and to accept decisions of the Sponsor as final in all matters relating to this Promotion. All federal, provincial and local laws and regulations apply. Void outside of Canada and where prohibited. This Promotion is subject to and governed by Canadian laws and regulations.
3. HERE’S HOW TO ENTER.
(A) Enter using your Money Transfer Control Number (“MTCN”): During the Promotion Period, visit www.winwithwu.ca (the “Promotion Website) and follow the on-screen instructions to play the “Win With WU” Instant Win Game and receive an Official Game Message. You will be required to provide your complete name, email address, a valid daytime phone number, and the last five (5) digits of your 10 digit Money Transfer Control Number from a qualifying transaction*. The Western Union MTCN can be found on your WU transaction receipt. Once you have successfully completed the entry process, an Official Game Message will be instantly displayed. Potential winners of the Instant Win Game will be provided with directions for validation and prize claiming instructions. All potential winners are subject to verification before any prize will be awarded. Please retain your WU transaction receipt containing the complete MTCN Number used for entry, as it may be required to claim a prize. Osellus Inc. is responsible for the functionality of the Instant Win Game and will be the official timekeeper of the Promotion.
*A qualifying transaction is defined as a Western Union® or VIGO® initiated Money Transfer or Bill Pay transaction through a participating Agent location, online at westernunion.com/ca, Scotia Bank online or Bank of Montreal online, or by mobile transaction through the WU® Mobile App from Canada to anywhere in the world made during the Promotion Period (a “Qualifying Transaction”). Entrant is deemed to be the person identified to Western Union as the “Sender.”
(B) Enter without making a Qualifying Transaction. No Purchase/Transaction Necessary. To receive a 5-digit unique Code to enter the Promotion without making a Qualifying Transaction, visit https://promotions.mardenkane.com/wu/winwithwucodes/ and follow the instructions to request a Code. Participants will be required to provide their complete name and a valid email address. Upon submission of the request form, a unique 5-digit Code will appear on screen which can be used for a one-time entry. Once your 5 digit Code is received, follow the instructions outlined in Rule 3(A) above by entering your Code within the MTCN field on the Promotion Website. Limit one No Purchase Necessary Code Request per person/email address per day. All Code Requests must be received by 11:59:59 PM ET on August 31, 2019. By providing your email as noted herein, the sender acknowledges that they are providing the information requested solely for the purpose of participating in this Promotion. For more information regarding the use of entry information see “Privacy” below.
LIMIT 1 INSTANT WIN GAME ENTRY PER PERSON/EMAIL ADDRESS/PER DAY. For purposes of this Promotion, a “day” is defined as a 24-hour period, beginning at 12:00:00 AM ET and ending at 11:59:59 PM ET. If more than one entry is received per day for any one person, only the first entry received will be considered valid. A person can use only one email address to enter. MTCNs from transactions and Game Codes that are acquired via Rule 3(B) can only be used once. Instant Winners will be determined through random computer generation methodology. Odds of winning an Instant Win Prize will depend upon the date and time of your Instant Win Game play.
By participating in the Instant Win Game, you will be automatically entered into the Sweepstakes random drawing for a chance to win the Sweepstakes Grand Prize. Only valid Instant Win Game plays will be eligible for the Sweepstakes drawing.
4. SWEEPSTAKES RANDOM DRAWING: A random drawing will be conducted on or about September 10, 2019 from among all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period to award the Grand Prize. The random drawing will be conducted by Marden-Kane, Inc. an independent judging organization, located at 575 Underhill Blvd., Ste. 222, Syosset, New York, 11791 USA (Administrator), whose decisions are final. Odds of winning the Sweepstakes Grand Prize depends upon the number of eligible entries received.
5. WINNER NOTIFICATION: All potential winners are subject to verification by Sponsor or the Administrator, whose decisions are final. Prize winners will also be required to correctly answer a mathematical skill question administered online/by mail/via telephone, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion, prior to the awarding of a prize. An entrant is not a winner of any prize, even if the Instant Win Game Message should so indicate, unless and until entrant’s eligibility has been verified and entrant has been notified that verification is complete. Sponsor will not accept screen shots or other evidence of winning in lieu of its verification process. By entering the Promotion, Entrant agrees to be contacted by email, phone and/or mail for purposes of promotion administration. Potential Instant Win Game winners will be notified via email and will be required to respond to such email and provide their complete name, address, date of birth, phone number and any additional information requested, within 48 hours from the time initial notification was sent. Email notifications will be sent between 9AM and 5PM ET weekdays only. Potential Sweepstakes Grand Prize winner will be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability and, where permitted, a Publicity Release (“Prize Documents”) within 3 days of attempted delivery of same. If Grand Prize winning entry was made via an MTCN transaction entry, potential winner will be required to submit a copy of their Western Union receipt with the corresponding winning MTCN number. Return of a prize or prize notification as undeliverable, failure to respond to/sign and return requested information/Prize Documents within the specified time period, the inability of Sponsor to contact a potential winner within the aforesaid time period or noncompliance with these Official Rules by a potential winner will result in disqualification and, at Sponsor's sole discretion, the selection of an alternate Sweepstakes Grand Prize winner. Prizes will be awarded within approximately 4 to 6 weeks after eligibility verification is completed. UNCLAIMED INSTANT WIN PRIZES WILL NOT BE AWARDED.
6. AVAILABLE PRIZES APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES (ARV IN CAD):
Fifty (50) Instant Win Game Prizes, each consisting of a $100 Visa Gift card.
One (1) Sweepstakes Grand Prize, consisting of a check in the amount of $10,000, awarded in the form of a check.
The total approximate retail value of all prizes available to be won is $15,000.
No substitution or transfer of any prize permitted, except that Sponsor may in its discretion substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Limit one Instant Win Game prize per person, family or household. All terms and conditions of card issuer apply. Prizes consist of only the items listed as part of the prize.
7. GENERAL RULES: All applicable federal, state and local taxes/duties on prize and any expenses relating to the acceptance/use of a prize not specified herein are the sole responsibility of winner. If an entrant submits more than the stated number of entries permitted, and/or if the Sponsor suspects that an entrant attempted to obtain additional entries by using multiple email addresses, registrations, identities or any other method, all entries submitted by the entrant may be declared null and void. Entrants/winners agree to release, discharge and hold harmless Promotion Parties from and against any and all liability (including damages caused or claimed to be caused) arising out of participation and/or acceptance/use of prize, and agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the Sponsor’s/Administrator’s decisions, which are final. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its agencies to use winners’ names and/or likenesses for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, including a winners list, unless prohibited by law. Claims may not be resolved through any form of class action. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Promotion materials and the terms and conditions of the Official Rules, the English version of Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. All material submitted becomes the sole property of Sponsor and will not be returned. If for any reason, including but not limited to an administrative, printing, production or other error or due to incorrect announcements of any kind, more winning Official Game Messages are distributed or more prizes are claimed than are intended to be awarded for any prize level according to these Official Rules, intended prizes will be awarded in a random drawing from among all verified prize claims received for that prize level. In no event will Sponsor be obligated to award more than the stated number of prizes. In the event of a printing, production or other error neither the Sponsor nor its respective agents and agencies shall have any liability.
8. PRIVACY: The personal information you submit when you enter the Promotion is collected by Sponsor and will be subject to Sponsor’s Privacy Statement (“Statement”). Sponsor may disclose your personal information to third parties as explained in the Statement. You can view the statement at https://www.westernunion.com/content/wucom/global/en/privacy-statement.html or call 1-800-562-2598 and ask for a copy of Sponsor’s Privacy Statement. Information disclosed may include financial background; identification, such as name and address; transaction information; and other information relating to financial matters. Recipients may include financial institutions; retailers; companies that process transactions or provide other services for Sponsor; government agencies; and direct marketers. You may opt out of (direct Sponsor not to make) certain disclosures. If you do not opt out, Sponsor will assume that you agree that your information may be used as the Statement describes. To opt out, call 1-800-562-2598.
9. QUEBEC RESIDENTS: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping parties reach a settlement.
10. GOVERNING LAW: This Promotion is subject to and governed by Canadian laws and regulations. Void outside of Canada and where prohibited. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrants’ rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with this Promotion, shall be interpreted in accordance with the laws of Canada without regard to its principles of conflicts of law. Jurisdiction and venue shall be solely within the Province of Ontario.
The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Promotion-related materials and the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
11. NOTICE TO ENTRANTS: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. The Sponsor and its agents are not responsible for any (i) incorrect announcements of any kind, (ii) technical hardware or software failures of any kind, including any injury or damage to any person's computer related to or resulting from participating in or experiencing any materials in connection with the promotion, (iii) lost or unavailable network connections, or (iv) failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer transmission that may limit a user's ability to participate in the Promotion. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility for undeliverable emails resulting from any form of active or passive email filtering by a user's Internet service provider and/or email client or for insufficient space in user's email account to receive email messages. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for Entries/Code requests that are not received due to lost, failed delayed or interrupted connections or miscommunications, or to other electronic malfunctions, delays, or errors of any kind in the transmission or receipt of Entries. Sponsor is not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate Entry information, whether caused by any human or technological error that may occur in the processing of Entries in this Promotion. Any other attempted form of Entry not specified herein is prohibited; no automatic, programmed; robotic or similar means of entry are permitted. The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Promotion if fraud, misconduct, or technical failures destroy the integrity of the Promotion or if a computer virus, bug, or other technical problem corrupts the administration or security of the Promotion as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. In the event a dispute arises regarding the specific individual entitled to receive a prize, entry will be declared made by the person identified to Western Union as the “Sender” on the MTCN Western Union Qualified Winning Transaction; if the winning entry is associated with a Code obtained via Rule 3(B), entry will be declared made by the person assigned to the email address from the selected entry. In the event the Promotion is terminated, a notice will be posted and all eligible entries received prior to termination will be included in a random drawing to award the prizes. Proof of submitting entries will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by the Sponsor. The Sponsor reserves the right to prohibit the participation of an individual if fraud or tampering is suspected or if the individual fails to comply with any requirement of participation as stated herein or with any provision in these Official Rules.
12. WINNERS LIST: For the name of the Grand Prize winner, available after September 25, 2019 (or after winners have been verified), or a copy of the Official Rules, visit www.winwithwu.ca.
SPONSOR: Western Union Financial Services, (Canada) Inc., 100 Yonge Street, Suite 1500, Toronto, Ontario M5C 2W1.
ADMINISTRATOR: Marden-Kane, Inc., 575 Underhill Blvd., Suite 222, Syosset, NY 11791 USA.