CBS CARES COLONOSCOPY SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES
1) ELIGIBILITY: No purchase necessary to enter. This sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, 40-79 years of age at the time of entry. Employees of CBS Broadcasting Inc., and its respective affiliates, parent companies, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and anyone working directly on CBS programs and members of their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouses) and/or persons living in the same households as such persons, whether related or not, are ineligible to enter this Sweepstakes and cannot win a prize. Persons who have had a colonoscopy within the past twelve months or with prosthetic heart valves, dialysis patients, persons with implanted defibrillators, persons taking Warfarin or Plavix® (or any anticoagulation therapy), persons with sleep apnea, persons with a past medical history of multiple drug allergies, persons with serious and/or other significant ongoing medical problems that might/would require medical attention (cardiology, nephrology, pulmonary, neurology) while visiting NYC and prepping for the procedure are not eligible to win the colonoscopy procedure. Other medical conditions may disqualify an entrant from accepting the colonoscopy procedure. Final medical eligibility of the medical procedure portion of the prize is determined on an individual basis at the sole discretion of Sponsor in consultation with Sponsor-selected medical professionals. Should it be de determined that the colonoscopy portion of the prize is ultimately not medically appropriate by Sponsor-selected medical professionals during the required medical consultation in New York, NY, the winner will receive the grand prize trip to New York City minus the colonoscopy procedure. Void where prohibited by law.
2) HOW TO ENTER: This promotion begins at 12:00:01 PM Eastern Time (ET) on January 13, 2012 and ends at 10:00PM ET on March 31, 2012 ("Promotion Period".) To enter go to www.CBSCares.tv anytime during the Promotion Period and follow the links on the homepage to the CBS Cares Colonoscopy Sweepstakes. Entrants must accurately complete entire online entry form and successfully submit same. Limit one entry per eligible person. Any entry submitted subsequent to an entrant's first entry is void. An incomplete or corrupted entry is void. "Releasees" (as defined below) assume no responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate entry information, human error or technical malfunctions, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures unauthorized access of any computer equipment or software, or any combination thereof. Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. All entries are subject to the terms set forth in the CBS.com Statement of Privacy. By entering, entrants agree to be bound by these rules and regulations.
3) WINNER SELECTION & NOTIFICATION: A random drawing will be conducted on or about April 3, 2012 under the supervision of Marden-Kane Inc., an independent judging organization, whose decisions are final on matters relating to this sweepstakes. In the event the original prize winner selected, prior to travel to New York City, is (a) not medically eligible on a preliminary basis (as determined by Sponsor in consultation with Sponsor-selected medical professionals based on information submitted by the potential prize winner), (b) fails to submit the required medical information, or (c) declines acceptance of all portions of the prize, that potential prize winner will be disqualified and Marden-Kane, Inc. will select alternate(s) time permitting until Sponsor in consultation with Sponsor-selected medical professionals determines that a prize winner is medically eligible (on a preliminary basis) for the colonoscopy. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Within five days of prize drawing, the potential Grand Prize winner will be mailed an Affidavit of Eligibility and a Liability Release. Potential Grand Prize winner will be required to execute and return the aforementioned documents within 14 days following the date of issuance. Non-compliance with this time period or return of any e-mail, mail or prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Prize may not be assigned, transferred, converted to cash or substituted. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize with a prize of comparable or greater value should a prize become unavailable or if the grand prize winner is ultimately deemed medically ineligible by Sponsor (in consultation with Sponsor-selected medical professionals) to undergo the colonoscopy preparation and procedure after the prize winner's in-person medical examination and consultation with Sponsor-selected medical professionals in New York, NY.
4) PRIZE: One (1) Grand Prize: A 4-Day/3-Night trip to New York, NY and a Colonoscopy procedure for the grand prize winner. Prize consists of round-trip coach air transportation for grand prize winner and guest to New York, NY from a single major U.S. airport nearest the prize winner's home, double occupancy deluxe hotel accommodations for three (3) nights, a colonoscopy procedure for the grand prize winner only and $500 cash. Dates of travel are at the sole discretion of Sponsor and physician's schedules. Grand prize winner may receive less than fourteen (14) days notice prior to trip departure. If for any reason, Sponsor is unable to provide the colonoscopy procedure (if the winner is otherwise medically eligible as determined by Sponsor-selected medical professionals) the Sponsor shall have no further obligation to the grand prize winner and guest other than to supply the trip to New York as described, minus the colonoscopy. If grand prize winner resides within a 100 mile radius of New York City, a $200 travel allowance will be provided in lieu of air transportation and no compensation or substitution will be provided for difference in prize value. Estimated retail value of the grand prize is $9,500. Actual value may vary based on place of departure and dates of travel. All other expenses relating to acceptance of the grand prize that are not explicitly stated herein, including but not limited to taxes, meals, beverages of any type and gratuities are the responsibility of prize winner and guest. Travel must be completed on dates/time limits specified by Sponsor or prize will be forfeited and an alternate will be selected by the Administrator. Specifics of travel package are subject to availability and at Sponsor's sole discretion. Complete terms and conditions of trip and procedure will be furnished with prize notification. Travel must be made through Sponsor's agent on a carrier of Sponsor's choice. Reservations are subject to availability. Travel restrictions, conditions of travel and blackout dates may apply. Prize may not be combined with any other offer and travel may not qualify for frequent flier miles. Prize winner and guest must travel on the same itinerary and are responsible for obtaining all required medical clearances and required travel documents (e.g., acceptable photo ID). Failure of prize winner and guest to obtain proper travel documentation may result in cancellation and loss of prize. Guest of prize winner must be at least eighteen 18 years of age or must have reached the age of majority in his or her state of residence as of date of travel and must complete, execute and return a Travel Companion Liability Release prior to issuance of travel documents. Failure to return a Travel Companion Liability Release Form in a timely manner may prevent travel companion from participating in the trip. All details of prize not specified herein shall be determined solely by Sponsor. Prize is non-transferable; no substitutions or cash equivalent allowed, except at the discretion of the Sponsor in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. Taxes are the responsibility of the prize winner.
5) ADDITIONAL DETAILS ABOUT PRIZE: The colonoscopy portion of the prize will be provided for colorectal cancer and colorectal polyp screening purposes only after a discussion regarding the winner's medical eligibility for a colonoscopy procedure between Sponsor-selected medical professionals and the winner's primary care physician. A colonoscopy will not be provided unless the Sponsor-selected medical professionals determine that the patient is medically eligible. Pending confirmation of prize winner status, the grand prize winner is required to provide the name of his/her primary care physician (if any) to the Sponsor-selected medical professionals, sign any forms requested by Sponsor-selected medical professionals or otherwise required by law, and if possible a referral for the colonoscopy procedure. Grand Prize winner is required to provide a copy of his/her medical records including recent (< 6 months old) blood work, laboratory data, and electrocardiogram for Sponsor-selected medical professionals' review a minimum of 14 days prior to the procedure. At the same time it is anticipated that instructions for the procedure will be mailed to the patient in advance as certain medications need to be discontinued days before the procedure. It may be necessary for a physician-to-patient phone conversation to be done some time before the procedure. The grand prize winner will be required to undergo a physical examination and medical history consultation 1 to 2 days before the colonoscopy procedure in New York, NY with Sponsor-selected medical professionals to determine final medical eligibility for the procedure. The physical examination will be conducted by a gastroenterologist physician. At this time the colonoscopy procedure will be explained and informed consent obtained. The precise nature of and preparation for the procedure can be determined and prescribed by the Sponsor-selected medical professionals at this time. Written results of the procedure will be provided to the grand prize winner. The trip to New York and the colonoscopy must be scheduled and completed by December 31, 2012. Post-procedure care is not part of the prize and any post-procedure care that is recommended to the winner as a result of the procedure, or arising from complications from the procedure, is not part of the prize.
The following is a general description of a colonoscopy. A colonoscopy is an exam that allows a doctor to see and closely look at the inside of the entire colon for signs of cancer or polyps. Polyps are small growths that over time can become cancer. Monitored anesthesia care with Propofol will be used by an anesthesiologist for moderate sedation. The doctor uses a slender, flexible, hollow, lighted tube about the thickness of a finger. This "colonoscope" is gently eased inside the colon and has a tiny video camera, which sends pictures to a TV screen. Small puffs of air are put in the colon to keep it open and allow the doctor to see clearly. The exam itself takes 30 to 60 minutes. If medically indicated tissue removal (Biopsies and Polypectomy) will be performed and submitted to the pathologist for review and interpretation. The preparation for the colonoscopy requires you to go the bathroom a lot! You follow a special diet the day before the exam and take very strong laxatives in the hours before the procedure. You may also need an enema to cleanse the colon, which will be provided by the Sponsor-selected medical professionals if necessary. The key to getting good pictures is to have the colon cleaned out.
6) GENERAL CONDITIONS: Sweepstakes entrants agree to be bound by the terms of these official rules. The laws of the United States govern this Sweepstakes. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. By entering, participants release and hold harmless CBS Broadcasting Inc., and its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, prize suppliers (including any medical professionals and medical facilities), advertising and promotions agencies including Marden-Kane Inc., and each of their directors, officers, employees, shareholders and agents (collectively "Releasees") from any and all liability or any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with this Sweepstakes or acceptance or use of any prize. If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this promotion, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion or any element thereof including the right to modify these Official Rules. Should the promotion be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, notice will be posted on the www.CBSCares.tv Web site and Sponsor may conduct a random drawing to award prizes using all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the date of action requiring such termination. The use of any automated launching or entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that permits the participant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited. Any entries found or suspected to be submitted in this manner will be deemed 'void' by the judges. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner based on an e-mail address, the winning entry will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
7) BINDING ARBITRATION: Sweepstakes entrants, Sponsor, Administrator and any prize suppliers waive all rights to trial in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules and/or this Sweepstakes. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Official Rules and/or this Sweepstakes shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in the State of New York, in the City of New York and judgment on the arbitration award may be entered into any court having jurisdiction thereof.
8) GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION: This Sweepstakes is governed by United States law and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Participant and Administrator in connection with any of these Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof and shall take place in the State of New York, in the City of New York.
9) WHO WON: To comply with patient's privacy the name of the winner cannot be disclosed. Alternately the first and last name initials of the winner and winner's city and state of residence is available by mail (available after April 30, 2012) please mail a self addressed stamped envelope to: CBS Cares, c/o Marden-Kane, Inc., 1055 Franklin Ave., Suite 300, Garden City, NY 11530 Attn: JS. Requests received after June 30, 2012 will not be fulfilled.
10) SPONSOR: The Sponsor of this sweepstakes is: CBS Marketing Group, CBS Broadcasting Inc. 51 West 52nd Street, New York, NY 10019. The Administrator is Marden-Kane, Inc., 1055 Franklin Ave., Suite 300, Garden City, NY 11530.