BERINGER FOUNDERS’ ESTATE “GREAT STEAK CHALLENGE” SWEEPSTAKES
THERE IS NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE OF AN ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGE IS NOT REQUIRED TO PARTICIPATE NOR WILL IT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. PROMOTION OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES, WHO ARE AT LEAST 21 YEARS OF AGE AT TIME OF ENTRY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW, INCLUDING PUERTO RICO (PR) AND ALL U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS.
NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES ARE INCLUDED IN THE PRIZE(S).
1) PROGRAM DESCRIPTION/TIMING: The Beringer Founders’ Estate “Great Steak Challenge” Sweepstakes (the "Promotion” or the “Sweepstakes”), begins September 12, 2016 at 12:00:00 PM Pacific Time (“PT”), and ends February 28, 2017 at 11:59:59 PM PT (“Promotion Period”). The Sponsor’s clock is the official timekeeper of this Sweepstakes.
2) HOW TO ENTER: There are three (3) ways to enter the Sweepstakes:
[a.] Text Message Entry: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER. To enter via Text Message, send the Keyword GRILL or the valid Keyword(s) available on promotional materials advertising the promotion at retail locations, (each a “Keyword”) from a mobile phone to short code “55155” (the “Short Code”) during the Promotion Period. All text entries must be received no later than 11:59:59 PM PT on February 28, 2017. Each text message entry using the Keyword GRILL will be included into prize drawing #1 ONLY. And each text message entry using the valid Keyword(s) found on promotional materials will be included into prize drawing #2 ONLY, to award the prizes assigned, as described in Section 5 and 7 below. By entering via text message, you expressly consent to receive messages requesting information required to receive an Entry. Once a valid text message is received, a return message will be texted requesting Entrant to reply with their date of birth. Upon receipt of a valid date of birth, the Entrant will receive a reply text message confirming entry into the sweepstakes which will include the Promotion URL for online entry and complete Official Rules. Text Entries that do not include the requested information during the Promotion Period as listed above, will be void. Message and data rates may apply to each text message sent or received and other charges may also apply as provided in your wireless service rate plan. Text messaging service is not available in all areas. An Entrant may, at any time, choose to stop participating in this Sweepstakes, by texting “STOP” to the short code. If an Entrant sends an opt-out text message, they will be sent a reply text message, which will confirm that they have been unsubscribed and will receive no further text messages. Entry must be manually key-stroked/entered by the Entrant. Limit one (1) text message sweepstakes Entry per person/phone number/per day. Subsequent text message sweepstakes entries will require a phone number only. For additional information regarding how to enter via text go to www.greatsteakchallenge.com during the Promotion Period. Proof of text message submission does not constitute proof of delivery.
[b.] Online: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER. To enter the Promotion online, and be entered into prize drawing #1 ONLY, access the Promotion website (the “Website”) online at www.greatsteakchallenge.com during the Promotion Period. All Entrants will be required to complete and submit a one (1) time registration form which may include, but is not limited to, his/her complete first and last name (no initials), street address (no P.O. Box), city, state, zip code, email address, phone number, date of birth, and acknowledge acceptance of these Official Rules. Limit one (1) online entry per person/email address/per day. Subsequent online sweepstakes entries will require a valid email address only. Normal internet access and mobile usage charges imposed by your online service and/or mobile carrier’s rate plan may apply. Proof of submission of an online entry does not constitute proof of delivery.
[c.] Alternate Means of Entry/Mail-in Entry: NO PURCHASE/TEXT NECESSARY TO ENTER. To enter the Promotion without sending a text message, and be entered into prize drawing #1 or prize drawing #2, hand print your first and last name, address, city, state, zip code, email address, phone number, and date of birth on an 3” x 5” piece of paper, insert into #10 mailing envelope, affix appropriate postage and mail via regular mail to, either: Beringer Founders’ Estate Great Steak Challenge Drawing #1, P. O. Box 460, Woodbury, NY 11797-0460, Attn: MM OR Beringer Founders’ Estate Great Steak Challenge Drawing #2, P. O. Box 460, Woodbury, NY 11797-0460, Attn: MM. Limit one Entry per envelope/per drawing/per day. All mail-in Entries must be post marked by February 28, 2017 and received no later than March 7, 2017. Mail-in Entries must be legibly hand written. No mechanically reproduced or postage due Entries are permitted. Proof of mailing does not constitute proof of delivery.
3) CONDITIONS/LIMITATIONS OF ENTRY: The person completing the Entry process in any of the forms noted above will be deemed the “Entrant”. Each eligible Entry submitted by an Entrant will be counted as an “Entry or Entries” (subject to verification). Any Entry not submitted in accordance with the instructions provided within these Official Rules or on the Promotion Entry site (www.greatsteakchallenge.com) and the Terms and Conditions pertaining to said site, shall not be considered for the Promotion and none of the Promotion Entities (as defined below in Section #4), shall bear any responsibility for any such incorrect/incomplete Entries. There is a limit of two (2) Entries per person, per day, as noted above in #2. For purposes of this Promotion a Day is defined as a twenty-four (24) hour period starting at 12:00:00 AM PST and ending at 11:59:59 PM PST. If more than one (1) Text Entry; Online Entry, Mail-in Entry for Drawing #1; or more than one (1) Text Entry or Mail-in Entry for Drawing #2 is received from the same person/phone number/email address/mail-in/Drawing # within the same Day; only the first submitted Entry will be accepted and all other/later Entries received from the same person/phone number/email address/mail-in Drawing will be disqualified.
4) ELIGIBILITY: The Promotion is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C. as noted above who are 21 years of age or older. Void where prohibited or restricted by law, including Puerto Rico and all U.S. territories and possessions. Employees of Treasury Wine Estates Americas Company (the “Sponsor”), prize providers, advertising and promotional agencies involved in the promotion, including Marden-Kane Inc. (the "Administrator"), BFG Communications, Inc., and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies collectively (the “Promotion Entities”), and each of their immediate family members (e.g. spouse, parent, sibling, child and their respective spouses and the “steps” of each, all lineal descendants, including those by adoption, regardless of where they reside) and persons living in the same household of each, whether related or not, alcoholic beverage manufacturers, distributors, and retailers and employees of state or local alcohol beverage agencies are not eligible to participate. By entering, you agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and their Administrator, which are final and binding in all respects. All applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
5) SWEEPSTAKES DRAWINGS/POTENTIAL WINNER SELECTION: There will be a total of two (2) random drawings conducted (as noted below) on or about March 8, 2017, each conducted under the supervision of the Administrator, an independent Agent, whose decisions, along with those of the Sponsor are final on matters relating to this Promotion. The selection of potential winners will occur as follows:
Drawing #1 — A total of one (1) potential Grand prize winner will be selected from all eligible Text Message Entries (using keyword GRILL), Online Entries and Mail-in Entries for Drawing #1 received by the promotion deadline date.
Drawing #2 — A total of three (3) potential First prize winners will be selected from all eligible Text Message Entries (using valid Keyword(s) found on promotional materials) and Mail-in Entries for Drawing #2 received by the promotion deadline date.
6) POTENTIAL WINNER NOTIFICATION PROCESS: Each Entrant selected is deemed to be a potential winner, subject to verification of the Entrant’s eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules as determined by the Sponsor or the Administrator in their sole discretion. The potential winners will be notified by e-mail and/or mail and will be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release, tax acknowledgment, and, where legal, a Publicity Release, which must all be returned within 7 days from the prize notification date on the notification letter; or the prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate potential winner. Noncompliance will result in disqualification of Entrant. If any documents sent to a potential winner by any means are returned as undeliverable or if potential winner fails to properly execute and return all documents described herein in the time noted, or if a potential winner is found not to be eligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, the potential winner will be disqualified. Sponsor shall have no further obligation to that potential winner, and an alternate winner may be selected. A prize will go un-awarded, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, if there are insufficient Entries or, if, after a reasonable effort to award the prize (and the selection of no more than two (2) alternate potential winners), Sponsor is unable to qualify a winner. Participation in this Promotion by an Entrant constitutes their full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Sweepstakes Administrator’s decisions. These decisions are final and binding in all matters related to this Promotion. Selection of winners is subject to verification of eligibility as noted herein and receipt of a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all applicable requirements set forth herein.
7) PRIZES/ODDS OF WINNING: There will be a total of four (4) Prizes awarded in this Sweepstakes, as follows:
One (1) Grand Prize [awarded to one (1) Winner selected in Drawing #1]: A Viking Outdoor Kitchen including a 54” built-in gas grill, 30“ warming drawer, 36” storage drawer, double access doors, and a stainless steel built-in 24“ wok and 15” side burner. Approximate Retail Value (the “ARV”) $14,455.
Three (3) First Prizes [awarded to three (3) Winners selected in Drawing #2]: A Viking Outdoor Grill on a Cart including a 54” Ultra-Premium Gas Grill and a 54” Stainless Steel Cart. ARV $9,538 each. Total ARV of all First Prizes offered is $28,614. The ARV of all prizes offered in this Promotion is $43,069.
The odds of winning a prize are dependent upon the number of eligible Entries received. Total number of prizes awarded for the entire Promotion, not to exceed four (4). All prizes will be awarded provided that there are at least as many eligible Entries by the promotion period deadline date; as prizes offered, in order to conduct the drawings as noted above. Prizes will be delivered within 6 to 8 weeks after winner has been confirmed. Delivery restrictions may apply. Sponsor or Administrator is not responsible for any delays in awarding the prize. VikingÂ® is a registered trademark of Viking Range, LLC and is not a Sponsor of this Promotion.
8) PRIZE CONDITIONS: Limit of one prize per person/family/household. All taxes, fees, and surcharges on the prize and all other expenses not specified herein are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. All prize winners will be issued an IRS Tax Form 1099 stating the value of the prize for 2017 tax filing purposes. Prize is not transferable, assignable or redeemable for cash. No prize substitutions, except as provided herein. Prize does not include propane or hook-up to any gas line. Prizes are awarded “as is” with no guarantee. Any and all guarantees and warranties, whether expressed or implied, for merchandise prizes are subject to the manufacturer’s Terms and Conditions, and each winner agrees to look solely to such manufacturer for any such warranty or guarantee claim. Make, model, description and/or visual of prize shown in advertising may vary from actual prize provided. All details of any prize not specified herein shall be determined solely by Sponsor. Participants acknowledge that the Sponsor and other released entities and individuals have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prizes, including but not limited to their quality, mechanical condition, or fitness, except for any standard limited warranty offered by any manufacturer. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if entire prize or a portion of the advertised prize is unavailable for any reason. No barter, transfer, or assignment of any prize permitted, except by Sponsor at its sole discretion. Some restrictions may apply and all Terms and Conditions of the prizes offered will be furnished at the time of prize notification and/or award. All prizes will be awarded provided a sufficient number of qualified eligible entries are received for each Drawing. Sponsor, Administrator and their parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, directors, employees, agents, and representatives disclaim any and all representations and warranties, express or implied, in fact or in law, in connection with all prizes. By claiming a prize, winner agrees to assume all risks associated with acceptance of any prize and agrees that the prize is awarded upon the condition that each of the Sweepstakes Entities will have no liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses, death, damage to or loss of property, or other damages of any kind caused by the prize or resulting from acceptance, possession, or use/misuse of the prize or from winners’ participation in the Promotion.
9) GENERAL CONDITIONS: Entrants agree to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules. “Released Parties” (as defined below) assume no responsibility for lost, late, illegible, garbled, or misdirected Entry materials, or for any computer, online, telephone, human, or other error, or for any technical or other malfunctions that may occur. No mechanically reproduced, illegible, incoherent, unusable, or incomplete Entries will be accepted. Proof of texting, submission or mailing does not constitute proof of delivery. All information is collected in the United States of America. Released Parties are not responsible for typographical errors or any other errors in Entries submitted. Entries not complying with all rules are subject to disqualification. By entering, participants release and hold harmless Sponsor and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotions agencies, prize suppliers, and all of their employees, officers, directors, shareholder’s and agents (collectively, “Released Parties”) from any and all liability or any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with this Promotion, the use of any Entry, or the acceptance or use of any prize won. Entrants and/or potential winners may be required to provide proof of identification and eligibility as required by Sponsor or Administrator. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner, the winning Entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted on the registration form associated with such Entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Each Entrant may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
10) INTERNET: The use of any automated launching or Entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that permits the participant to automatically enter repeatedly (as solely determined by Sponsor) is prohibited. If for any reason this Promotion is not capable of running as planned due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, uploads of malicious files or viruses, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any Entry or any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Promotion and select Winners using all eligible, non-suspect Entries received as of the date of termination. Released Parties assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. Released Parties are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or telephone lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or Entry to be received on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participation in this Promotion or downloading any materials in this Promotion. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
11) JURISDICTION: The Promotion is governed by the laws of the United States. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. The construction, validity and interpretation of Sweepstakes shall be governed by the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. All disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or related to this Sweepstakes shall be resolved in the Superior Court of Napa County, California or to the U.S. District Court of San Francisco, California.
13) WINNERS LIST & OFFICIAL RULES: For the name of the confirmed prize winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope postmarked after March 8, 2017 to: Great Steak Challenge Sweepstakes Winners, 195 Froehlich Farm Blvd., Woodbury, NY 11797, Attn: MM. Winner’s list requests must be received by May 1, 2017. Official Rules will also be posted at www.greatsteakchallenge.com, where they will remain posted for 30 days after the Sweepstakes ending date.
14) SPONSOR: The Sponsor of this Promotion is Treasury Wine Estates Americas Company, 555 Gateway Drive, Napa CA 94558. The Promotion Administrator is Marden-Kane, Inc., 195 Froehlich Farm Blvd., Woodbury, NY 11797.